Center Expansion - MAS Staten Island
Expanding Our Horizons
Alhumdu’Lilah we outgrew our center!
We are forced to have four consecutive Jumuahs and weekend school on different days. We pray Taraweeh in 2 sessions, under a rented tent in our parking lot. We want to be able to pray together, as one community! We want our kids to learn together under one roof, on the same day! We can do better, let’s do better! Let’s build our dream center together. Our New Center will increase the prayer and our program capacities four times! it will provide services for the whole family from the beginning of life to the end of life!
Why Support Us?
The Muslim American Society Center in Staten Island was established in 2011, located at 180 Burgher Avenue, 10304. Since it has opened, the MAS SI Center has been actively serving its community in every way possible. Alhumdulilah, our center has reached its full capacity.
- We hold four Jumuaah prayers, yet people still need to pray outside in the parking lot, whether it be in the scorching heat of the sun, in the freezing snow, or in the wet and windy rain.
- Due to the high volume of students we have, we are operating on both Saturdays and Sundays for our Weekend School in two shifts. Unfortunately, we now have to turn away students who look to enroll because we simply have no space!
- Our Youth Department has successfully remained active, providing diverse Halaqas, trips, activities, and events for the young brothers and sisters in the community. Our Youth deserves a gym of their own and youth lounges where their activities are not limited due to tight space and time schedules.
- MAS Staten Island’s PreTeen Program was a huge success and greatly appreciated by parents but yet due to the limited space we have to turn away kids.
- The Tarbiyah Department organizes Usrahs and a monthly Qiyam for the whole community. Due to a large number of sisters halaqas and the unavailability of space, we had to shift some of them to online platforms. Organizing qiyams or classes for the adult brothers is always a challenge because of space.
- The Outreach & PACE Department generates a means of Da`waa and civic engagement. The departments work together to “move people to strive for God-consciousness, liberty, and justice, and to convey Islam with utmost clarity.
We foresaw the need for a new center that would be more suitable for our growing community. The vision is to build a center with a bigger praying area, a youth lounge, more classrooms, a gym, a parking lot, a kitchen, and more. We developed a design team from the community to put our visions to reality. We have already purchased the 2 lots adjacent to the center. Additionally, with the generous donations of our kind-hearted community members, we were able to raise 1 million dollars. Help us achieve the target by donating generously towards the new Islamic Community Center that would better serve your family, friends, and community. May your donations be a means of Sadaqa Jariya, a means of purification and enrichment to you and your loved ones. If you would like to donate your time and be part of our design team please email us at [email protected] or call us at 718-667-1896.